|1||€ 110.00||€ 110.00|
|2||€ 55.00||€ 110.00|
|3||€ 45.00||€ 135.00|
|4||€ 45.00||€ 180.00|
|5||€ 45.00||€ 225.00|
|6||€ 45.00||€ 270.00|
|7||€ 45.00||€ 315.00|
|8||€ 45.00||€ 360.00|
- See the beautiful panoramic views from Asen`s fortress hill
- Explore the Bachkovo monastery- the 2nd biggest in Bulgaria
- Hike in the beautiful Rhodopi mountain
- Enjoy a great day in nature
This tour is a great combination of nature and heritage. It starts at 9am when the guide will take you from your hotel and you will head to the nearby Rhodopi mountain. Your first stop will be at the remains of the old medieval Asen`s Fortress (named after the famous Bulgarian king Ivan Asen II) and its church. It is situated in a very vivid place from where you can see amazing panoramic views and take astonishing photos.
After that, you will continue to the small mountain village of Bachkovo where you will visit the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria- Bachkovo monastery. It is an important monument of Christian architecture and one of the largest and oldest Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Europe. It is famous for the icon of Virgin Marry, dating back to the 14th century, which is taught to be miraculous and thousands of people each year come to see it.
Then you will go for a hike in the mountain. The trails start just next to the monastery. The hiking is with moderate difficulty and takes about 1-2 hours.
Finally, you will also have time for a lunch break in one of the traditional local restaurants.
The expected return in Plovdiv is at 3pm.
- Private driver-guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Visit the described places
- Entrance fees: 3 euro approximately
- Food & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up at 9am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Prices for more than 4 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: PD02
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code.
Reservations made after 8pm should be confirmed by us via email or phone call.
Discover two amazing towns with one day trip
Learn the history and try traditional food