· See the unique revival Bulgarian houses, the Roman Theatre and the Roman Stadium
· Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe
· Climb to the old Thracian fortress hill from where you can see the magnificent view of the city
· Have the chance to visit a traditional local restaurant
· Taking care of the nature we do eco friendly tours with CNG and electric cars.
The tour departs at 9am with a pick up from your hotel. With this tour, you will have the chance to discover the town of Plovdiv: the oldest existing settlement in Europe. It is a very beautiful place, also known as the town of the Seven Hills, and it can be reached for only 2 hours from Sofia by car. This amazing city merges Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage.
It is the second-largest city in Bulgaria, the 5th oldest in the world and the oldest in Europe. Its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. In the beginning, the ancient settlement was situated on the natural elevation between Nebet, Taksim and Dzhambaz hills (the Three Hills). In ancient times Thracians inhabited the Three Hills and built a fortified settlement – the largest city in Thrace. In the 4th century BC Plovdiv was conquered by Phillip of Macedonia. He gave the city one of its many names – Philippopolis and had it surrounded by thick fortified walls. Later it became a Roman province and an important regional centre. The town hosts the Roman theatre, which was successfully restored and it is presently used for different performances, concerts and events.
In Plovdiv you will have 2 hour guided tour and you see traditional Bulgarian houses from the Revival period, walk by Roman remains and early Christian mosaics. Popular museums that can be visited in the town are the Ethnographic museum, the museum of Natural history, the Roman stadium.
After it, you will have free time for lunch in a traditional local restaurant.
The expected return in Sofia is at 5pm.
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi-Fi
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private tour
- Professional driver-guide in English throughout the whole day (or in other languages on request)
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
- Lunch & Personal expenses
- Museum entrance fees (2- 5 euro)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up at 9am by a private car. Please indicate your hotel
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Prices for more than 8 people: on request; bigger groups are subjected to great discounts!
- Reference code: CT09
Book on-line, by e-mail or by phone:
+359 894 40 41 41; +359 894 99 99 08; +359 2 980 46 86;
Specify the name of the tour and its reference code.
Reservations made after 8pm should be confirmed by us via email or phone call.
|Persons||Unit price||Discount -10%||Total|
|1||€ 130.00||- € 13.00||€ 117.00|
|2||€ 65.00||- € 13.00||€ 117.00|
|3||€ 65.00||- € 19.50||€ 175.50|
|4||€ 55.00||- € 22.00||€ 198.00|
|5||€ 55.00||- € 27.50||€ 247.50|
|6||€ 45.00||- € 27.00||€ 243.00|
|7||€ 45.00||- € 31.50||€ 283.50|
|8||€ 45.00||- € 36.00||€ 324.00|