DAY 1: SOFIA
Route: Sofia Airport - Hotel
Arrival at Sofia Airport and welcome by a licensed English language guide. Transfer to the hotel in the capital. Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in the centre of Sofia. Free time for a break or a walk. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. (8am - 9am).
At 9:15 am a meeting point in the hotel lobby and a walking tour of the central city part of the capital begins (2.5-3 hours). Sofia is a modern capital with 7,000 years of history and a stable ancient rule. During the Roman Empire, Sofia was ruled by Emperor Constantine the Great, who was so captivated by the riches of the Bulgarian capital that the cult phrase "Serdica is my Rome" emerges from his mouth. Today Sofia is an important economic and administrative centre of the country and one of the most ancient cities in Europe.
Till noon a visit to the most emblematic landmarks of the capital: Temple-monument "St. Alexander Nevsky ”(1912), National Assembly (Parliament, 1928), Monument to Tsar Liberator (Alexander II), BAS (1869), National Art Gallery for Contemporary and Foreign Art (“ Square 500 ”), The old Basilica of St. Sofia "(VI c.), Russian Church" St. Nicholas "(1912) with the Crypt, the Royal Palace of Alexander Battenberg (now National Ethnographic Museum and part of the National Art Gallery), Ivan Vazov National Theater, National Archaeological Museum (15th c.), Where the Thracian golden Thracian treasure (2nd millennium BC), Presidency, Rotunda "St. George "(IV c.), Ancient Roman Complex" Serdika ", separately Ancient mosaics from the Roman era, the coat of arms of Sofia, Church" St. Sunday, the Court of Auditors, St. Andrew's Orthodox Church Petka Samardzhiyska (XIV c.), Central City Bath (now Sofia Museum of History), Mosque "Banya Bashi" (XVI c.), Central Closed Market "Halite", Synagogue (1909), Catholic Cathedral " St. Joseph. "
Lunchtime. Free time for walking or shopping.
At 15:00 in the afternoon (10 min.) Visit the Boyana Church "St. Panteleimon ”(XI c.). It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979. Boyana Church is located in Vitosha Mountain. The origin of the murals dates from 1279 and they are followed by scenes from the then society and depict 240 human figures. The most prominent are the portraits of Tsar Konstantin Tych and his wife Irina and Tsar Kaloyan. In addition to the murals of the 13th century, the church was later decorated with other murals of the 14th, 16th and 17th centuries. Return to the hotel.
Folklore evening with traditional Bulgarian dishes in a domestic atmosphere with Bulgarian folk music and Bulgarian folk dances in the vicinity of Sofia (8 pm, 3 hours). Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
DAY 3: SOFIA - 7 RILA LAKES - SAPAREVA BANYA
Breakfast (7 am - 8 am).
At 08:15, a meeting point in the hotel lobby.
At 08:30 departure for the Seven Rila Lakes.
Arrival at 10:45 at Pionerska Chalet. Use of an outdoor chair lift of the Rila Lakes hut. (20 min.). From there, the mountain ridge transition to the Seven Rila Lakes begins. Walk on the ridge and the duration in both directions is approximately 4.5-5 hours. The Kidney Lake is rested for 30 minutes. The lakes are viewed from the ridge. In good weather, the views are beautiful and inspiring. The seven Rila Lakes are a group of lakes of glacial origin that belong to Rila Mountain National Park. Each lake has a unique name that refers to its shape. The first lake is the Lower Lake and the next one is Fish Lake. Then you can see Trilistinika Lake and Gemini Lake. Gemini Lake, located at 2240 meters above sea level, is the largest of the Seven Rila Lakes and consists of 2 parts connected by a canal. At 2280 BC there is a large meadow, next to Kidney Lake, which is the most famous of the seven lakes because of its curious kidney shape. After about 200 meters you will reach Lake "The Eye". It is the deepest lake, 38 meters deep, and part of its shore freezes throughout the year, reminiscent of its glacial origin. The last lake is the Tear, at 2535 meters above sea level, the smallest of which is surprising with its crystal clear waters. Not far from Kidney Lake, every year from 2 to 19 August, the followers of the spiritual master Peter Dunov gather in a circle and perform the spiritual dance Pnevritmia - a salute to the sun and the universe. All participants are dressed in white because this colour symbolizes spirituality and purity. The tour and sing in honour of the Master, the sun, and the universe, and describe multiple energy circles that are in each other depending on the number of participants. This is where the energy centre of Bulgaria is located.
At 5:30 pm, return with the open chair lift from Rilski Ezera Hut to Pionerska Hut.
Arrival at Sapareva Banya at 18:45 h. Check-in at 4-star hotel. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: SAPAREVA BANYA - SOFIA
Breakfast (08:00 - 09:00).
From 09:30 am to 11:00 am relax in the hotel's hot mineral pool. Sapareva Banya is a well-known balneo centre in the Rila Mountain with thermal waters that treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, peripheral nervous system gynaecological diseases, skin diseases, upper respiratory tract and others. Here is the hottest geyser in Europe with a temperature of 103 degrees. The pressure of the water column periodically pushes the boiling water to a surface of 18 m.
At 12:00, check out.
Visit the medieval church "St. Nicholas ”(XII-XIII c.) - an architectural monument of culture of national importance and the iconic geyser.
Lunch in Sapareva Banya (1 h 15 min).
Arrival in Sofia in the early afternoon. Accommodation in a 4 **** hotel in the city centre. Free time for walking or shopping. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 5: SOFIA
Route: Hotel - Sofia Airport
Breakfast (08:00 - 09:00). Free time. Leaving the hotel. Transfer to Sofia Airport
Note !!! When visiting the Seven Rila Lakes, the program is offered only in suitable weather conditions, and in bad weather, the program remains in its classic version without their consideration. In return, a balneological break is organized in Sapareva Banya.
The program is not suitable for people with reduced mobility!
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Welcome and dispatch from and to Sofia Airport by a licensed English language guide
- Transfer from and to Sofia Airport
- Transfers by route in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Comfortable tourist transportation throughout the trip
- Licensed driver throughout the program
- Fuel taxes
- A guide with English throughout the trip
- Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in the centre of Sofia and Sapareva Banya
- Use of hot water mineral pool at 4-star hotel in Sapareva Banya
- Tourist city tax
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, noon, 3 nights + 1 folklore evening
- A walking tour of the central city of Sofia with a guide in Spanish
- Visit the sights of Sofia:
- Orthodox Cathedral of Sts. Alexander Nevsky"
- The old Basilica of St. Sofia"
- The Russian Church "St. Nicholas "
-The St. George "
- Ancient Roman Complex Serdica
- The church "St. Sunday, "
- The Orthodox Church "St. Petka Samardzhiyska "
- Halite Central Indoor Market,
- Catholic Cathedral "St. Joseph "
-Visit of the Seven Rila Lakes:
- Return and return ticket for the Gondola of the Seven Rila Lakes
-Visit the sights in Sapareva Banya:
- The medieval church "St. Nicholas "
- Thermal geyser
THE PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Return and return flight ticket
- Airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Supplement for a single room
- Hotel services and use of minibar with soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Use of SPA services at a 4-star hotel in Sapareva Banya
- Lunch in Sofia (second day)
- Personal expenses
- Comfortable sportswear with comfortable, stable and appropriate sports shoes
- Entrance fees for sightseeing in Sofia:
- -Filming at Orthodox Cathedral "St. Alexander Nevsky"
- The crypt of "St. Alexander Nevski ", (Museum of Christian Art)
- National Contemporary and Foreign Art Gallery ("Square 500")
- The Catacombs under the Basilica of St. Sofia
- National Ethnographic Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Ancient mosaics from the Roman era
- Museum of the History of Sofia
- The Synagogue
- Boyanska church