DAY 1: SOFIA
Route: Sofia Airport - Hotel
Arrival at Sofia Airport and welcome by a licensed English language guide. Transfer to the hotel. Accommodation in a 4 star hotel in the centre of Sofia. Free time for a break or a walk. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2: SOFIA - BOYANSKI WATERFALL - SOFIA
Route: Sofia - Boyana Church - Boyana Waterfall - Sofia
Breakfast (7:30 - 8:30)
At 8:45 am a meeting point in the hotel lobby. Transfer to Boyana Church. At 9:15 (10 min.) Visit to the Boyana Church "St. Pantaleimon ”(XI c.). It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979. Boyana Church is located in Vitosha Mountain. The origin of the murals dates from 1279 and they are followed by scenes from the then society and depict 240 human figures. The most prominent are the portraits of Tsar Konstantin Tych and his wife Irina and Tsar Kaloyan. In addition to the murals of the 13th century, the church was later decorated with other murals of the 14th, 16th and 17th centuries.
At 9.40 am departure for Boyana Falls in Vitosha Mountain. At 10:10 starts a scenic walk like Vitosha Mountain to the Byan Waterfall, located above the prestigious Boyana quarter in the capital. This is the largest waterfall in Vitosha. At 25 meters high, it is not among the largest in the country, but its proximity to the capital makes it a favourite spot for nature lovers. It takes about 2 hours on foot to reach the waterfall, starting from the Boyana neighbourhood, which requires comfortable sports shoes. Free time for animation and a short break.
At 2:30 pm, lunch in the vicinity of Boyana. (1 h 15 min)
Arrival in Sofia in the early afternoon. Back to the hotel. Leisure time. dinner at 7:00 pm and overnight.
DAY 3: SOFIA – DRAGALEVSKI MONASTERY - SOFIA
Route: Sofia - Dragalevski monastery - Walking tour of the central city part of Sofia
Breakfast (7:30 - 8:30)
At 8:45 am a meeting point in the hotel lobby.
At 09:00 departure for Dragalevski monastery "St. Virgin Mary Vitoshka. " It is an Orthodox monastery located at the foot of Vitosha Mountain near the prestigious Dragalevtsi metropolitan area. It was built in 1345 during the time of Tsar Ivan Alexander in the period known as the Second Bulgarian Kingdom. In the 15th century, the monastery was a complex made up of important buildings. Over the years he became known for being one of the bastions of the revolutionary activity of the Bulgarian hero Vasil Levski. It is currently inhabited by nuns. The visit to the monastery is approximately 1 hour with free time.
Departure for Sofia at 10:40 am Transfer to the hotel. Free time and lunch.
At 1:30 pm a walking tour of the central city part of the capital (2.5-3 hours) begins. Sofia is a modern capital with 7,000 years of history and a stable ancient rule. During the Roman Empire, Sofia was ruled by Emperor Constantine the Great, who was so captivated by the riches of the Bulgarian capital that the cult phrase "Serdica is my Rome" emerges from his mouth. Today Sofia is an important economic and administrative centre of the country and one of the most ancient cities in Europe.
Sightseeing of the most iconic landmarks of the capital: Temple-monument "St. Alexander Nevsky ”(1912), National Assembly (Parliament, 1928), Monument to Tsar Liberator (Alexander II), BAS (1869), National Art Gallery for Contemporary and Foreign Art (“ Square 500 ”), The old Basilica of St. Sofia "(VI c.), Russian Church" St. Nicholas "(1912) with the Crypt, The Royal Palace of Alexander Batenberg (now National Ethnographic Museum and part of the National Art Gallery), Ivan Vazov National Theater, National Archaeological Museum (15th c.), Where the Thracian golden Thracian treasure (II-nd millennium) is stored. .), The Presidency, the Rotunda "St. George "(IV c.), Ancient Roman Complex" Serdika ", separately Ancient mosaics from the Roman era, the coat of arms of Sofia, Church" St. Sunday, the Court of Auditors, St. Andrew's Orthodox Church Petka Samardzhiyska (XIV c.), Central City Bath (now Sofia Museum of History), Mosque "Banya Bashi" (XVI c.), Central Closed Market "Halite", Synagogue (1909), Catholic Cathedral " St. Joseph. "
Free time for walking or shopping. Return to the hotel.
Folklore evening with traditionFoian Bulgarian dishes in a domestic atmosphere with Bulgarian folk music and Bulgarian folk dances in the vicinity of Sofia (8 pm, 3 pm). Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
DAY 4: SOFIA
Route: Hotel - Sofia Airport
Breakfast (08:00 - 09:00). Free time. Leaving the hotel. Transfer to Sofia Airport
Note !!! When visiting Boyana Waterfall, the program is offered only in suitable weather conditions, and in bad weather, the program remains in its classic version without its visit. In return, a visit to the National Museum of History is organized.
The program is not suitable for people with reduced mobility!
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Welcome and dispatch from and to Sofia Airport by a licensed Spanish language guide
- Transfer from and to Sofia Airport
- Transfers by route in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Comfortable tourist transportation throughout the trip
- Licensed driver throughout the program
- Fuel taxes
- A guide with Spanish throughout the trip
- Accommodation in a 4-star hotel in the centre of Sofia
- Tourist city tax
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 nights + 1 folklore evening in Sofia
- A walking tour of the central city of Sofia with a guide in Spanish
- Visit the sights of Sofia:
- Orthodox Cathedral of Sts. Alexander Nevsky"
- The old Basilica of St. Sofia"
- The Russian Church "St. Nicholas "
- The St. George "
- Ancient Roman Complex Serdica
- The church "St. Nedelya "
- The Orthodox Church "St. Petka Samardzhiyska "
- Halite Central Indoor Market
- Catholic Cathedral "St. Joseph "
- Visit of:
- Boyana waterfall, depending on weather conditions / or National History Museum
- The Dragalev Monastery
THE PRICE EXCLUDE:
- Return and return flight ticket
- Airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Supplement for a single room
- Hotel services and use of minibar with soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- 1 Lunch in Sofia (third day)
- Personal expenses
- Comfortable sportswear with comfortable, stable and appropriate sports shoes
- Entrance fees for sightseeing in Sofia:
- Filming at Orthodox Cathedral "St. Alexander Nevsky"
- The crypt of "St. Alexander Nevski " (Museum of Christian Art)
- National Contemporary and Foreign Art Gallery ("Square 500")
- The Catacombs under the Basilica of St. Sofia
- National Ethnographic Museum
- National Archaeological Museum
- Ancient mosaics from the Roman era
- Museum of the History of Sofia
- The Synagogue
- Boyanska church
PRIVATE TRIP - SPECIAL OFFER
Visit two UNESCO heritage sites
PRIVATE TRIP - SPECIAL OFFER
Enjoy a great combination of hiking and culture